About the organization
When Steamboating Magazine ceased publication in 2000 (it has since resumed publication) a void was left in hobby steamboating
After surveying a random group of steamboaters, Charlie Roth, Tom Ray and others decided to form a new organization - North American
Steam Boat Association - and publish a new magazine "The Smokestack".
The purpose of the North American Steam Boat Association is to:
* provide a correspondence link among hobby steamboaters;
* form a steamboat organization similar to the Steam Boat Association of Great Britain;
* insure continuation of a North American steamboat organization and magazine;
* have a steamboating magazine "The Smokestack" for steamboaters and by steamboaters;
* try for a North American meet for all of North America to attend.
At this time we offer our members the following:
* A bimonthly publication with:
* updating of future activities and meets;
* reports of recent activities and meets;
* helpful do's and don'ts;
* what people are building;
* steamboat basic training;
* questions and answers;
* classified ads;
* commercial ads;
* feature boat/engine;
* new product review.
* An annual membership list;
* A biennial index.
Go to the Application page to join now.
All comments are welcome and I hope to have you aboard.
165 Jacks Hill Road
Oxford, CT 06478